The Student Minds blog is the biggest blog in the UK dedicated to student mental health and university life. We believe students should have a place to speak up about their experiences of living with mental health difficulties and show others that they are not alone.
If you're a student, or recent student, with an experience you want to share, or tips on how to deal with the different challenges that uni life brings, we'd love for you to blog for us, or even join our team of regular bloggers.
HOW TO BLOG FOR US
Make sure you read our blogging guidelines before sending us a blog post.
We accept one-off submissions as well as regular article submissions. If at any point you have a draft you'd like us to see, e-mail our blog manager at email@example.com. If you have an idea for your blog, but aren't sure exactly where to take it or how to structure it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org! Our blog manager manages a growing team of bloggers and publishes all submissions after edits - so it might take a day or two for us to get back to you.
WHAT TO BLOG ABOUT
- Tips on how to tackle different challenges at uni
- Things that have helped them overcome their mental health difficulties
- Reviews of the latest news in mental health from a student perspective
- Latest research into student mental health
- Personal experiences of mental health difficulties, and life lessons learned
- How to talk to friends - whether supporting a friend who's struggling, or opening up about your own difficulties
- How to run successful events and fundraisers on student mental health at university
If you want to write a blog about mental health and food, check out our kitchen blog.
THE BLOGGING TEAM
If you’re keen to blog for us on a regular or long-term basis, consider joining our blogging team. As a Student Minds blogger, you’ll have ongoing support from us in thinking of topics to write on, as well as receiving a monthly email with a preview of our upcoming campaigns and programmes, and blog topic suggestions to tie in with these. You’ll also have the option to have your own dedicated profile on a Blogging Team page on the Student Minds blog. Let us know if you’d like to join by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.